TREE TRIMMING & PRUNING
MFS follows pruning standards established by the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) and the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). These are the A-300 standards for pruning operations.
Before pruning, it is extremely important to establish a goal – what do you want to accomplish? Our expert staff would be glad to help. Give us a call .
Some of the methods and reasons for pruning include:
- Crown Cleaning: Removal of dead and hanging branches. Remove diseased, broken and crossing branches.
- Hazard Pruning: Remove dangerous branches.
- Crown Raising: Raise lower branches for light to lawn or shrubs.
- Crown Reduction: Reduce height and spread of the crown while maintaining a natural form – NO TOPPING!!
- Clearance Pruning: Prune to clear branches from structures.
- Restoration Pruning: Pruning to restore shape and balance after the damage has occurred.
- Vista Pruning: Pruning to improve views.
LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEM
Lightning can destroy a valuable tree in an instant. MFS can install a very effective lightning protection system to protect your investment. Learn more about how to stay safe and protected .
TREE SUPPORT SYSTEMS (CABLING AND BRACING)
Professionally installed cabling systems in the crown of your tree may prevent breakage from wind ice or snow. Shade and ornamental trees may be repaired after damage has occurred with properly installed cables and rods.
TREE PROTECTION STRATEGIES DURING CONSTRUCTION
Many more trees can be saved from construction damage if proactive steps are taken prior to beginning your project. Proper evaluation and planning will insure that your trees are prepared for the many changes that will occur to the sites soil, vegetation, and hydrological components during construction phases. A tree protection strategy may include the following treatments:
- Root Treatments
- Soil Aeration
- Root Pruning
- Establish Tree Protection Zone
TREE REMOVALS AND STUMP REMOVAL
Should it be necessary to remove trees, MFS can provide the expertise and the equipment to perform the job safely and efficiently. Stumps are ground out to your specificity so that a new tree can be planted in the same location. Let our experts show you.
EXOTIC AND INVASIVE SPECIES REMOVAL
In urban and rural areas many plants foreign to the region (exotic) as well as those that have gotten unsightly, out of control, or disruptive to local ecosystems (invasive) sometimes need a better management strategy. Common invasive exotic species in the St. Louis area include: Tree-of-Heaven, Amur and Tatarian Honeysuckles, Autumn Olive, Multiflora Rose, Garlic Mustard as well as others.